Tuesday, August 20, 2013

May 2009 St. James Marina

In May 2009 Bill and I met up with our friends Debby and Peter Bine who own a 32' motor boat, "Carolina Lady."  They lived in Myrtle Beach at the time, and we met sort of halfway at St. James Marina.  It's a full servuce Marina located at SM 315 on the Intra Coastal Waterway at St. James Plantation.






What a wonderful Marina ! The entire area was beautiful.  The Marina is part of the St. James Plantation (officially Marina at St. James Plantation), a community of lovely homes.  There is a restaurant at the Marina as well as a less formal cafe where you can grab a beer and sandwich.  And of course, gift shops.  

The boats around us -- huge, beautiful yachts.  We called ahead, of course, for slip arrangements.  Everyone was very nice and welcoming.  

We just hung out, ate and drank, stayed overnight, hung out some more and then went our merry ways.

BB2 was still relatively new to us, so staying on board was still an adventure.  Bill and I started out sleeping in the aft berth.  At first we used sheets and blankets, but what a lot of trouble that was.

                  

So we invested in a double sleeping bag and are very glad we did.  Makes things much easier.  I roll it up and push all the way back, clearing the berth for "stuff" during our travels.  And at night I just unfold the sleeping bag and we're ready to slip in and sleep.

This is now our 5th year with BB2 (2013) and on our next overnight I am planning to sleep in the V-berth.  Getting in and out of the aft berth was sometimes difficult. depending on what arthritis. shoulder surgery or knee surgery I was dealing with.   So now I guess I use one of the sleeping bags in the V-berth.  It will be interesting.  I'm sure I'll be blogging about that experience in late September when our NCSail.Org group goes to Cape Lookout.






     


Posting about St. James Marina, I'm remembering what fun it was, and I am so looking forward to our Pirate Sail in September.  We haven't been out on the boat much this summer.


             







          

  



     


No comments: